Presentations and information from the Luzerne Conservation District’s recent Municipal, Engineer, & Contractor Conservation Workshop are available below:
- Municipal Stormwater Management – Meeting MS4 Permit Requirements (John Levitsky)
- E&S-NPDES Permitting Updates (Heather Graham)
- Controlling E&S/Stormwater on Small Projects (Josh Longmore)
- E&SPC Guide for Small Projects and E&S BMPs (Phil Trowbridge)
Video tutorials regarding the new Pennsylvania Conservation Explorer Tool (formerly PNDI) can be found on PA DCNR’s YouTube channel:
- Part 1: An introduction to Pennsylvania Conservation Explorer, a tool for conservation planning and PNDI environmental review. This video introduces users to basic steps for navigating the map, using the search tools, and generating a conservation planning report. https://youtu.be/FrunvgRkY-8
- Part 2: Pennsylvania Conservation Explorer, a tool for conservation planning and PNDI environmental review. This video guides users through steps for creating a project for PNDI environmental review, generating a project receipt, viewing projects and receipts in My Projects folder, and finalizing a project for submission to the review agencies. https://youtu.be/IYzCxTEVhn8
- Part 3: Pennsylvania Conservation Explorer, a tool for conservation planning and PNDI environmental review. This video guides users through creating and viewing a conservation planning report. https://youtu.be/4lDJ3CQOaWI
The Luzerne Conservation District is hosting a Conservation Workshop for Municipal workers & officials, Engineers and Contractors in Luzerne and surrounding counties. The purpose of this workshop is to provide the latest information on soil and water issues and requirements.
The workshop is scheduled for Friday, April 1, 2016 at the Knights of Columbus banquet facility in Luzerne, PA. Click below for more information:
The Luzerne Conservation District is requesting bids for the Bronson & Decowski Ag BMP Projects. These agricultural conservation projects at farms in Lehman and Huntington Townships, Luzerne County consist of roofed, concrete stabilized Animal Heavy Use Areas, Manure Stacking Areas, and related best management practices.
Bids must be received by 10:00 A.M, Tuesday, April 12, 2016.
The Luzerne Conservation District Board of Directors will meet on the second Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM at the District’s Office.
2016 MEETING DATES: January 7, February 11, March 10, April 14, May 12, June 9, July 14, August 11, September 8, October 13, November 10, December 8
LOCATION: 325 Smiths Pond Rd, Shavertown, PA 18708
The public is welcome to attend.
The Luzerne Conservation District will be accepting bids for construction of stream stabilization projects at two sites, one on Big Wapwallopen Creek in Hollenback Township and one on Little Nescopeck Creek, Sugarloaf Township, Luzerne County. Full bid packages and supporting information are available HERE. There will be mandatory site showings on Wednesday, 9/30/15 beginning at 10:00 AM. Bids will be accepted until 10:00 AM on Wednesday, 10/7/15.
- Cover Crop Diversities
- Soil Compaction
- Zone Tilled Peppers
- Beneficial Pests
- Inter-seeder Demo Plots
- Experienced Farmer Panel
Pesticide credits are available, and a farm fresh dinner will be provided.
Please RSVP to Amy Salansky at 570-779-0732 extension 110 by September 10, 2015.