The Luzerne Conservation District will be closed on Monday, October 10th in observance of Columbus Day. We will re-open at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, October 11th.
Due to recent problems with recording the Post Construction Stormwater Management (PCSM) Instrument Filing Notices for permitted construction projects, the Luzerne Conservation District and PA DEP met with the Luzerne County Recorder of Deeds Office. The County Recorder is requesting that the following documents be recorded as one filing:
- PCSM Instrument Filing Notice Document 3150-PM-BWEW0556
- Instrument for the Declaration of Restrictions and Covenants
- PCSM plan (on no larger than 11”x17” paper)
This will avoid the county from charging recording fees for each document and requiring the PCSM plans to be signed by the county and notarized separately. In addition, the documents should be recorded as a “Declaration”, which falls under the “Deeds – Miscellaneous” category.
The Luzerne Conservation District will be accepting bids for an Agricultural Best Management Project in Nescopeck Township, Luzerne County. This agricultural conservation project at a farm in Nescopeck Township, Luzerne County consists of roofed, concrete stabilized Animal Heavy Use Areas, Manure Stacking Areas, and related best management practices.
Bids must be received by 10:00 A.M, Tuesday, August 9, 2016.
We recently upgraded our phone system. The phone number for our main line remains the same, 570-674-7991. However, direct numbers and extensions for individual staff members have changed. To reach individual district staff members, please call the main line and listen to the options provided by the auto-answer system to be directed to the appropriate person.
A team of students from MMI Preparatory School took first place at this year’s Luzerne County Envirothon. The 37th Annual Luzerne County Envirothon was held on April 26, 2016 at the Luzerne County Fair Grounds near Dallas. Nearly 180 students representing 36 teams from 9 different schools competed in the event with MMI’s Team-A with an overall score of 401 points. The following teams placed second and third respectively in this year’s county event: MMI Preparatory School’s Team and Wyoming Area High School’s Team A. The MMI Preparatory School Team A will go on to compete at the PA State Envirothon at Susquehanna University and Camp Mount Luther, Selinsgrove, PA on May 24 and 25.
Presentations and information from the Luzerne Conservation District’s recent Municipal, Engineer, & Contractor Conservation Workshop are available below:
- Municipal Stormwater Management – Meeting MS4 Permit Requirements (John Levitsky)
- E&S-NPDES Permitting Updates (Heather Graham)
- Controlling E&S/Stormwater on Small Projects (Josh Longmore)
- E&SPC Guide for Small Projects and E&S BMPs (Phil Trowbridge)
Video tutorials regarding the new Pennsylvania Conservation Explorer Tool (formerly PNDI) can be found on PA DCNR’s YouTube channel:
- Part 1: An introduction to Pennsylvania Conservation Explorer, a tool for conservation planning and PNDI environmental review. This video introduces users to basic steps for navigating the map, using the search tools, and generating a conservation planning report. https://youtu.be/FrunvgRkY-8
- Part 2: Pennsylvania Conservation Explorer, a tool for conservation planning and PNDI environmental review. This video guides users through steps for creating a project for PNDI environmental review, generating a project receipt, viewing projects and receipts in My Projects folder, and finalizing a project for submission to the review agencies. https://youtu.be/IYzCxTEVhn8
- Part 3: Pennsylvania Conservation Explorer, a tool for conservation planning and PNDI environmental review. This video guides users through creating and viewing a conservation planning report. https://youtu.be/4lDJ3CQOaWI
The Luzerne Conservation District is hosting a Conservation Workshop for Municipal workers & officials, Engineers and Contractors in Luzerne and surrounding counties. The purpose of this workshop is to provide the latest information on soil and water issues and requirements.
The workshop is scheduled for Friday, April 1, 2016 at the Knights of Columbus banquet facility in Luzerne, PA. Click below for more information: